The Pressure of being an Asian Student


Our Accounting class had an exam on Monday, and we are getting the grades today, on Wednesday. Since I have done Accounting once before, I know the general idea of what is going on in the class. However, I am not as studious as I should be (as an Asian student). I read the textbook the day before the test just because I need to read it. For sure, I will lose a lot of points if I don't read the textbook, and I am so not going to let it happen.

Okay, back to the topic, I got one of the highest score in the previous test. It is NOT something I should be proud of. However, there are some Asian students who are not satisfied with that. They congratulated me for getting the highest score; however, I am not that stupid that I did not realize what they were actually thinking.

In this test, I don't get the highest grade (which is the biggest relief for me). An Asian girl got higher marks than me and was so proud of that fact. I am really happy for her. I really mean it. As long as I am not looked with those unsatisfying or jealous eyes, I am okay with an okay grade. ^.^ Well, I am not a saint. Of course, I also want the highest mark. However, I am so not okay with getting the highest mark and being looked at with unsatisfying eyes. Overall, I decide that as long as I am in the top range, I would be happy to get lower grades than those who want to get higher marks than everyone else no matter what.

Today, I got my Accounting grades back. I will get my Linear Algebra grades back. I am preparing to face the worst. For sure, I am not getting the highest grades in that class and I will be humble with the grade I will get.

The pressure of being an Asian student is high. I might not fit into the Asian standards of "good" students. However, I will set my own standards (which is not as high) and try my best to achieve my own goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBA Chess Board without MOD

ေက်ာင္းေကာင္စီ သီခ်င္း

A Friend of Convenience